If you are a Lenovo laptop user, then the Lenovo repairing disk errors are common for you. This error notification might appear on the screen during the of boot up your laptop. An error notification appears saying “Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete”.
This error usually appears due to the reason of bad sectors. Or, the issue might occur because of the sudden power failure or the power surge. If you are dealing with this kind of situation, then this guide will help you to get rid of the trouble. Through this article, we are going to provide you some effective solution to resolve your problem.
Effective Guidance on Lenovo Repairing Disk Errors Windows 10
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to fix the problem with Lenovo repairing disk errors Windows 10. So, let us have a look at the solution part to get rid of the situation.
Fix 1: Restart the Computer in the Safe Mode with Networking
If you are troubled with repairing disk error, then you should try to restart your computer with the help of Safe Mode. The following steps will help you to do so.
- At first, you will need to Restart your computer by pressing the Shift key. Then, click on the Power button. After that, the Sign In screen will appear on your computer’s screen. Then, click on the Restart button.
- Thereafter, click on the Troubleshoot option. Then, click on the Advanced option and go to the Startup Section. And, click on the Restart button.
- After that, a list of options will appear on the screen. There, press the 5 or F5 button from your keyboard. This will help you to enter the Safe Mode with Networking.
Fix 2: Boot the Laptop from System Restore Point
The Lenovo repairing disk errors Windows 10 might get resolved by booting from the system restore point. If the steps are unknown to you, then here they are:
- At first, you will need to download the media creation tool from its official website.
- Then, restart your device by inserting a USB drive or any DVD.
- Change the boot order into BIOS.
- Thereafter, click on the Repair your Computer option from the screen.
- Now, click on the Troubleshoot option from the Choose an Options section and select the Advanced option. Then, click on the System Restore option. Check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Run the Automatic Repair
You can get rid of the problem by using the Automatic Repair in your computer. If the procedure is unknown to you, then you should follow the steps given here:
- At first, you will need to boot up your computer by using the installation media.
- Then, press the F12 button from the keyboard when the Lenovo logo appears on your computer screen. This will help you to enter the boot menu. If you are unable to find it then, restart your computer and press the Boot menu option key at the time when the Window logo appears.
- Then, you will need to select the device CD/DVD ROM to boot your computer.
- After that, press any of the keys from your keyboard when the black screen appears on your computer saying “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”.
- Thereafter, choose correctly the Time and Keyboard type and click on the “Repair your computer” option. You can find that from the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Once you are done with the steps, click on the Troubleshooting option.
- Then, go to the Advanced option and select the Automatic Repair option. And finish your task.
Fix 4: Use the CHKDSK
You can get rid of the trouble while using the CHKDSK command. CHKDSK helps to fix the hard drive issues. The following steps will help you to do so.
- At first, go to the lower-left corner of your computer’s screen and click on the search bar. Otherwise, press the Win key + S button both at the same time from your computer to open the search bar. Then, type ‘cmd’ in the search bar.
- Then, go to the Command Prompt option from the list and right-click on it. Then, click on the Run as Administrator option.
- Thereafter, write down chkdsk X: /r /f in the Command Prompt and press the Enter button. This will help you to start the scanning procedure and repair the problem.
Fix 5: Utilize the PowerShell
The problem with Lenovo repairing disk errors Windows 10 can be fixed by using the PowerShell. In the next part of the article, we will discuss how to to use the PowerShell. So, let’s have a look at it.
- At first, you will need to open the Search bar by pressing the Win key + R button. Otherwise, click on the Start button. Then, click on the Windows Search bar. And write ‘PowerShell’.
- After that, go to the Powershell option from the list of results and click on it.
- Then, write down Repair-Volume C –Scan in the PowerShell command line.
- If still, you can’t recognize the error, then you should use the command Repair-Volume C –OfflineScanAndFix. Otherwise, you can write Repair-Volume C –SpotFix and hit the Enter button to run an offline scan. Then, wait for a few minutes.
Fix 6: Repair the Windows Registry Files
Sometimes, the problem might appear due to corrupted Windows registry files. So, repairing the corrupted Windows registry files will help in that case.
- At first, click on the Start button.
- Then, click on the Search bar and write ‘cmd’.
- After that, select Command Prompt option from the results, and right-click on the option.
- Thereafter, click on the Run as Administrator option.
- Next, write sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt.
- Now, wait for a few minutes to complete the scanning procedure and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Through this guide, we have tried to provide you all the possible solutions that can help you to fix Lenovo repairing disk errors. Follow the methods we have mentioned and get rid of the problem on your own. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, then you can leave a comment.