Are you worried about the error message “System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found”? Then, you are on the right path to succeed with it.
After going through this article till the end, you will get to learn the effective methods, with the help of which, you can solve the issue exactly as a professional does.
Before proceeding towards the solution steps, it is better to understand the problem at first. So, let’s not waste time and delve to the essential sections regarding error 67.
What is System Error 67 All About?
“System error 67 has occurred” inform the users that the network components on the domain controller are not perfectly configured. And thus, you will not be allowed to access the network device on your PC. If this is the case, then, to solve the issue you need to try the according fixes of the error.
To solve the error 67, try the methods as explained below. Hopefully, you will get a positive result using the methods. So, hope positive and step forward with the methods.
Methods to Fix the “System Error 67 Has Occurred” Issue
There are a few workarounds to fix the “System error 67 has occurred” issue. Check them out. It is advised to read the methods at first and then try them to get you accustomed to the methods:
Method 1: Update the Network Driver
The first method that you can try for solving the “System error 67 has occurred” glitch is to update your network driver. To update your network driver follow the steps as below:
Open up the Device Manager window, at first. For this, you need to tap the Windows button along with the letter “R”, to open the Run window. Then, on the Run bar type “devmgmt.msc”, without the quotations. And lastly, click on the OK button to get the Device Manager window open.
Now, locate the Network adapters section under Device Manager, and then double-click on it to get the network drivers list.
Further, from the list of options, right-click on the network driver you are using.
After that, select the Update Driver Software option from the menu window. In the next window, that is the window for “How do you want to search for drivers?”, you will get two ways and are as follows:
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse my computer for driver software
Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”, and then follow the further instructions to install the network driver update.
Once, you have successfully, install the network driver update, restart both the computer and the network and the related devices. Then, retry to connect the device with the network server.
Hopefully, you will not face any problem after following the method. In case, if the issue is not solved, then the further method.
Method 2: Ensure the Disability of the IP Network Address Translator
According to the expert’s research regarding the “System error 67 has occurred” error message, by disabling the IP Network Address Translator, the problem will get resolved. The steps you need to follow to do this method are as stated below:
- Firstly, press down the Windows key along with the letter “R”, to open the Run bar window.
- After that, in the Run bar makes sure that no earlier command is present. In case, if a command is already located in the Run bar, clear it with the help of the Backspace key.
- Then, on the Run bar enter devmgmt.msc.
- Next, click on OK/ hit the Enter button. This will open up the Device Manager window on the screen.
- Now, under the Device Manager window locate the “View” tab from the top panel. And then, navigate the pointer on it, and then click.
- After that, under the View menu panel select the “Show hidden devices” option. This will unfold the “Non-Plug and Play Drivers” item under the Network adapters section of Device Manager.
- Further, scroll down the options that are under the Non-Plug and Play Drivers item, and locate “IP Network Address Translator” from them.
- Right-click on IP Network Address Translator, and then select the Disable option for it.
- Again, click on the Disable button from the next window, to confirm.
- And lastly, restart the server to confirm the “System error 67 has occurred” issue status. Hopefully, you will not get the error message again while using your network controlled device.
Method 3: Restart the Distributed File System Service
Restarting the Distributed File System Service can get you the positive result in solving the “System error 67 has occurred” glitch. To perform this task, at first, you need to stop the Distributed File System service from the domain controller. Next, wait for a few seconds. And then, restart the service.
All these are the effective workarounds to fix the System error 67 has occurred issue. Hopefully, once you try the methods you will get the error resolved.