The cameras which come in-built with the computers/laptops have got multiple uses. Apart from that, they are hugely convenient too. But with the conveniences come endless complications and this goes the same way with the webcams. Though Lenovo is a peerless performer in the field of IT, still it has got some major drawbacks when it comes to its integrated webcams. Lenovo camera not working Windows 7 happens to be quite a notorious issue among the users for a lengthy span of time now.
To Describe the Issue and Enumerate the Causes
The problems with the Lenovo webcams might sometimes appear suddenly when you try to open it in the middle of a work. In other cases, you might encounter the same error when you are about to open the camera for the first time.
In most cases when such an error occurs, if you attempt to open your webcam, it will come up with a blank screen with the camera crossed out. Furthermore, you will not see any webcam or camera application working by any extensions. This is an issue which numerous users face while using their Lenovo laptops.
If you notice an error where your Lenovo camera refuses to work, then mostly the incompatible drivers are the miscreants. But, if you find them all right after checking them thoroughly. Then, the deactivated/disabled webcam is ought to be blamed next.
Therefore, we have come up with this article to fix Lenovo Windows 7 camera not working as fast as possible.
Effective Fixes for the Lenovo Camera not Working Windows 7
If your Lenovo Camera not working Windows 7, then, stop worrying. Through this post, you’ll get a set of methods, which you can easily apply and remove the issue instantly. So, let’s jump right into the methods to sort this nagging issue out.
Fix 1: Enabling the Camera
Lenovo laptop keyboards with its exhausting list of shortcuts are equipped with almost all the functionalities that the users need. Therefore, if your Lenovo camera refuses to show up good, it might just work by pressing the combination of keys or simply tapping the Function key.
You can go for the combination of Fn + F6 or Fn + F9 or you can press F8 or in cases, an F10 might work fine. However, all of these won’t be of much use, if you cannot get an icon of a camera on the F6, F8, F9 or the F10 keys. In that case, try the next fix.
Fix 2: Check with the Webcam Manufacturer and if Needed, Update it Promptly
If you have got a webcam application which is out of date, you might find trouble accessing the webcam. This is because of the change of the drivers boiling the trouble up for you. Thus, here, you have to go for a software update to make things normal. For the Lenovo users, there is the “Lenovo Settings” utility which you can easily download and find things all right.
Fix 3: Enabling the Camera from the Manufacturer Application’s End
You must also know that you can disable the integrated camera of your Lenovo device form the manufacturer webcam utility applications. So, in case the camera refuses to turn on, you just might enable the camera to get it back working. And to do this, if you don’t know the exact process, then follow the undermentioned steps.
- Click on the Windows Start menu to open it and type “Lenovo” in there. Wait till the Lenovo Settings appear and once you find it, click on it.
- In the window where you will find yourself, you need to expand it. Now, you will note that the top icons are displaying well. Next, click on the option Camera, which is towards the top of the window.
- Here, you will have to scroll to the bottom of the settings page and under PRIVACY MODE, toggle the option Turn Privacy Mode to Off.
- Now, if you still note the camera crossed off, then click on it in order to activate it.
- If you are working on a Windows 7 Operating System, you can simply follow this path to enable your camera: Control Panel -> Lenovo Web Conferencing > Click the button “Show my Image”.
Fix 4: A Driver Update
Bad/outdated drivers can interfere with the webcam and get it inactive. But, you can simply go for a driver update to find that it is working fine:
- Visit the laptop manufacturer’s website.
- Check for the service tag or the serial number of your device, which you can find on a sticker at the bottom of your laptop. In several occasions, you might find the tag damaged due to the wear and tear of the days. In such circumstances, use cmdlets that can read the BIOS to your rescue. This you can do if you follow the upcoming path: Click on the Start button > type “Powershell” > Visit Powershell > Write “Get-WmiObject win32_bios” and then press the Enter.
- Type in your service tag followed by the Enter button. Next, you will discover the model of your laptop along with the updates and drivers.
- Seek for your webcam drivers that are compatible with the version of the OS you are on (Windows 10, 8, 7) (32 or 64 bits).
- Go for a driver installation session. Now, if you get a message stating that the drivers that you have are up-to-date or are newer than the version you are installing, then navigate to Device Manager > Imaging Devices > Right-click the webcam and then choose uninstall > Install the drivers that you have downloaded.
- Finally, reboot your laptop and check if the error still persists or not.
Fix 5: Re-Establish the Connection of your Webcam
In cases of the device sustaining a drop or any kinds of mechanical shocks, the webcam might be displaced or its connections unsettled by bits. Sometimes, due to a previous reconnection, it might be left a bit loose which has probably got worse.
If you need to troubleshoot in one such case. First, pry towards the screen of your laptop’s bezel. Next, unplug the webcam connector. After that, plug it back again all the way in before you mount the bezel back on. If you are confused or unsure how to do this procedure and you have already gone along all the previous methods with no avail. Then, immediately contact your service provider or a professional who will surely help you out and get your camera working once and for all.
To sum it up, these methods are well-researched and efficient ones to carry out. Therefore, you can easily go through them and sort your Lenovo integrated camera not working Windows 7 within minutes. However, you might be in want of some expert assistance if they tend to fail.
So, you can readily approach the device manufacturer or a service expert to deal with it. But, let us know how you have found our article. For this, you just need to find the comments box below and fill it out with your opinion. We will be awaiting your feedback.