After installing a particular Windows update, a lot of Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro users have reported the Lenovo USB ports not working Windows 10 issue. The port will appear properly on the Device Manager option but it won’t function properly. However, our expert team has managed to compile a list of causes after investigating the issue and looking at the various reports.
The main reason behind the issue is an incompatibility of the installed driver with the Operating System. Moreover, the power capacitor might need to be drained. And, as a result, this particular problem arises. In addition, if the USB Root hub is not activated, then the USB port will not work properly. Apart from that, an outdated version of BIOS also causes the error.
Therefore, if you are currently struggling with the same error, then you need to fix the issue instantly. Hence, go through the article properly and as this post will help you resolve the problem on your own.
Easy Methods to Resolve Lenovo USB Ports not Working Windows 10 Issue
You may encounter Lenovo USB ports not working Windows 10 issue because of many reasons. So, you need some effective solutions to fix the issue. In order to fix such a problem, you can go through the steps described in the next section.
Method 1: Reinstall the USB Drivers
The first thing that you need to try in order to fix the issue is to check the USB driver. Hence, you should uninstall the previously installed USB driver and install it with the fresh version. To perform the action, following undermentioned steps.
At first, uninstall the USB driver from the Lenovo system.
- At the beginning of the process, expand the Device Manager option by pressing the Windows + X key at the same time.
- Search for the USB driver from the Device Manager option and right-click on it. A drop-down menu will pop-up on the system’s screen. Choose Uninstall device from the list to delete the USB driver from your device.
- After that, restart the system. When the system is turned on, visit the manufacturer’s website.
- Search for the USB driver and install the file on the system. It will take some time. So, wait patiently.
After successfully completing the installation process, restart the system and check whether the USB ports are working properly or not.
Method 2: Update BIOS to its Latest Version
Most of the users reported that the problem might occur when you use an outdated version of BIOS in your device. Hence, you have to update the BIOS to resolve the issue. Lenovo makes it extremely easy to update the BIOS. So, follow the guidelines to resolve the USB issue on your Lenovo device instantly.
- At first, move to the official websites of Lenovo and locate the BIOS update files for your device.
- Download the file and save it in the C drive. You need to ensure that the power adapter is plugged in securely. Interruption between the updating process of BIOS might damage the laptop permanently.
- Move to the folder where you save the downloaded file and double-click on it. Now, press OK to proceed further. After a few seconds, your laptop will automatically restart and display the new version of BIOS.
- When the process gets completed, switch on the laptop and the changes will take effect. Try to connect an external device to check whether the USB ports are working properly or not.
Method 3: Uninstall the USB Controller
Some users reported that the Lenovo yoga USB ports not working windows 10 issue appears due to the damaged USB controller. Hence, it is recommended that uninstall the USB controller from your device. To perform the method, apply the following steps:
- At first, open the Device Manager folder. Locate the ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’ section and open it on your device.
- Now, right-click on the driver which appears first in the Universal Serial Bus tab.
- Then, choose Uninstall from the list and hit the Enter button.
- In the next steps, do repeat all the steps for all the drivers in the Universal Serial Bus option.
- When you are done with this step restart the Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro laptop and check whether the problem still persists or not.
Method 4: Modify the Registry Key
By changing in the registry key, you can fix Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro USB ports not working Windows 10 issue easily. Hence, check the steps described in the below section.
- At first, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R key at the same time. Now, type ‘regedit’ in the Run box and hit the Enter button to execute the command.
- After that, move to the following section from the left panel of the Registry Editor option:
- Then, locate the UpperFilter and LowerFilters from the right panel of that section.
- Then, remove them accordingly.
- After removing the files, restart the system and check whether the problem gets resolved.
Method 5: Check the Hardware of the System
Sometimes, a hardware problem is also responsible for the USB port issue. Hence, you need to inspect the hardware of the system. If the USB port does not function normally, just remove the cable and try to clean the USB port.
Apart from that, remove the battery of the laptop and the RAM as well. Clean it with a cotton swab and check whether the problem gets solved or not.
The Bottom Line
Expectedly the above-described methods will definitely help you to resolve the Lenovo USB ports not working Windows 10 issue. In case you found any problem regarding this or if you have any questions, simply post them in the comment section below.